In response to the question what are you thankful for this Thanksgiving, many of us respond – family, friends, health, jobs, a roof over my head. I too am thankful for all of those things. That being said, I thought it would be interesting to acknowledge the little things I am thankful for…the things that are often ignored around Thanksgiving tables.
…so here is my list of things I am thankful for…
- the training collars my big dogs wear that makes them actually listen (wondering if would work on my kids as well).
- Stacy’s pita chips although I do have a minor addiction to them which I am not thankful for as they are not helping my W8Lo challenge.
- the DVD player in the car which allows us to take cross country road trips with the kids without the use of duct tape.
- Delta Community Credit Union because if I bounce a check they don’t charge me.
- My giant washing machine because I can do three loads at once.
- My double oven because I am getting a little closer to having everything hot at the same time when I serve a meal.
- My GPS which has saved me on more then one occasion from turning on the wrong Peachtree street.
- Susan Chambers Dance Company which has provided an amazing outlet for CJ as he has discovered his love of dance all for free since boys are on a scholarship their first year.
- My kick ass long black boots (which I will be wearing tonight at Thanksgiving dinner, thank you very much).
- My little lap dog who is 9lbs of fierce.
- Subway because it is reasonably healthy, all the kids like it and it is easy to take to softball games.
- Softball because without it I have no social life.
- My Kroger card because I have managed to get gas for under $3/gallon on more than one occasion.
- The internet because I would be so bored without it.
- The NaBloPoMo Challenge that reminded me how much I love to blog.
What are the little things that you’re thankful for?
Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a good night.